PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Pipeline Clogged
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 18:55
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggus
PN - If you are referring to the use of "boast sheets" for compling annual reports, they are fairly standard these days. However, like most things they have both good and bad points. On the one hand they can bring to the attention of your reporting officer achievements they were not aware of - mind you, given the limited number of characters available in a report commenting upon all the achievements is not always possible! On the other hand, it can mean that poor reporting officers make even less effort to get to know those within their chain of command, on the basis they know they will have a crib sheet to work to come report time!

Like most things with regard to reports, it all comes down to the calibre of the reporting officer.
Fair point. One FS was happy where he was and said just give me 3s boss. I made him write his own report and guess what - the bugger couldn't do less than 4s and 5s. Thoroughly deserved a warrant IMHO based on his personna and also a brilliant OOA report. Sadly I probably only gave him a first class write-up, if you see what I mean.