PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Pipeline Clogged
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 18:33
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
I would advise anyone in the aircrew training system who is made redundant in the coming months to consult a decent solicitor rather than just gratefully accept what you are given.

I would be very surprised if, given the half arsed selection methods that may well be employed ("...Bloggs is a better letter writer than myself, so he was retained while I was made redundant, even though I'm a better pilot...."), a good solicitor couldn't get you considerably more in compensation than the standard package currently offered under the various AFRSs. What have you got to lose by at least investigating this option, a one off fee for a consultation?

Everyone knows (just like all the pregnant WRAFs who got 6 figure compensation figures for their dismissal several years ago) that you were destined to make CAS, no matter what your current OJAR says (and you probably haven't had one yet as you are still in training), so your loss of future earnings will in no way be compensated by the paultry compensation given by the MOD.

What have you got to lose by pressing the point?

Edited to say:

PN - If you are referring to the use of "boast sheets" for compling annual reports, they are fairly standard these days. However, like most things they have both good and bad points. On the one hand they can bring to the attention of your reporting officer achievements they were not aware of - mind you, given the limited number of characters available in a report commenting upon all the achievements is not always possible! On the other hand, it can mean that poor reporting officers make even less effort to get to know those within their chain of command, on the basis they know they will have a crib sheet to work to come report time!

Like most things with regard to reports, it all comes down to the calibre of the reporting officer.