PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada - Is it only me?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2002, 11:56
SuperStreaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a really bad flight from Toronto to Heathrow back in april. Outbound they forgot to get weight figures so take off was delayed (although I'm glad it was, don't want to become a part of the Malton landscape). Capt (and I apologise if I'm nitpicking) turned on the seatbelt signs an hour into the flight and never turned them off again, quite content to leave us chained to our seats in clear skies and the cabin crew were generally rude to the unwashed masses in "Hospitality".

Coming back was a different story thouogh. Same type (767) but I selected a better seat at the window (I was pretty chuffed on the LHR bound to get a seat by the bulkhead, as I stand 6' 4" and width to match, not earning a packet or I would have paid for the bigger seat. I found I had less room in this seat then anticipated) but coming back was great. Fed, watered and looked after very well. Comfortable seating and friendly crew made me reconsider my harsh feeling from the outbound flight.

Could it be a conspiracy? Treat em' bad on the outbound, he still has to come back and we can change his mind (I had training on interrogation of POW's in the forces, it's a trick. Good guy Bad guy routine). When all is said and done, I will use AC again and save for the Business class seat. If I'm satisfied they may just have a loyal customer (albeit infrequently as I don't fly that often)

Graham