PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran: UAE evacuation plan.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 12:41
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Microburst2002,

I'm not certain you have understood my points here, so let me set out my stall, and perhaps we might even agree with each other.
Being Devils advocate can sometimes cloud the issue.

Heres why I think what I currently think.
1st and foremost, Israel will not be the cause of a US/Saudi relationship breakdown..it may publicly be used as a convenient vehicle by the house of Saudi to distance itself over certain issues, but I thats about it...
Why you ask?
Bush Memoir: Israel Bombed Syrian Reactor gives a basic overview, as does The Story of 'Operation Orchard': How Israel Destroyed Syria's Al Kibar Nuclear Reactor - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
this.
The lack of outrage...infact conspicuous silence from other nearby Arab nations has to be considered Tacit approval.
Yes certainly there are the usual howls of idignation...but behind closed doors, many Arab regimes are very happy for the US/Israel to do their bidding..including Saudi.
I agree with you that it would be 10 times..nay 100 times more difficult for the US to assemble a "coalition of the willing" which is why Israel will carry out any further overt action in Iran.

If the Israelis want to bomb Bushehr, the Saudis will open the sky for them, that is for sure. US is arming both with brand new fighter bombers, including stealth ones. But what would happen then?
I would expect the Jordanians, as well as the Kuwaiti's and Iraq to open airspace as well, with the upshot being pretty much silence from most Arab nations..

Just my thoughts

No war in the foreseeable future in this context