PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 12:16
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kontrolor
I don't think that anyone here ranting about the quality or justification of the actions by spanish ATCOS would approve or is enjoying him/herself over the latest developments. Because this might be the sign of the times
I do believe it is a sign of the times. What remains to be seen is whether it is a negative or a positive one.

Quote from wsws.org:
I should note that http://wsws.org/ is the website of the International Committee of the Fourth International. I have absolutely nothing for or against Trotskyists, only pointing out (for the benefit of the politically challenged) that the above was written by the followers of someone who was expelled from the Soviet Union for being too communist, just so you know where it's coming from.

In any event, and ignoring the fact that the article is propaganda to serve the Fourth International's own goals, it agrees with my impression that the union's only goal all this time has been to serve their own leaders' interests, and sod the rank and file--let alone the general public.

The whole article is summarised by its closing statement:

Working people must wage a political rebellion against the rotten bureaucratic apparatus of the trade unions and build new organisations of struggle, under the democratic control of the rank and file.
which I support in principle, even if I doubt it could ever be made a functioning and practical reality in the long term, being more of a Ghoethist in my appreciation of liberal democracy.

So there you go