PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I got grounded
Thread: I got grounded
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 11:18
Key Seeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Colleagues,

First off, thanks so much all for your each advice given, be it PM or public! It really means a lot to me and there is a whole lot of good stuff you have come up with. Also, it was very reassuring to know that there are other, and not very few, people, like me, having had to deal and overcome similar difficulties.

Now, I would really like to state in detail as to how my training has been but I would like to remain anonymous so have to keep it fairly vague. Also, I would like to stay loyal to my employer and I could imagine they would not appreciate reading internal matters on a public forum.

Well, I could imagine, since also some of you have said so, you would like to know what has happened since I started this thread.

After a fortnight's break I was given a final day of flying the other day and, not unsurprisingly, failed it. So I am out. the pressure on the day was nearly impossible to cope with. And I just cannot help it but the whole day did not feel like they wanted to get me back on track. The unimaginable has occured and needless to say I am totally devastated now. So close and yet so far.

I can see their points. Yet I truly believe, if, as has been said on here by most of you, a different approach had been taken, it might have led to success. Honestly speaking though, I had found my self-esteem at an all-time low at last and it would have been an enormous challenge.

The good news is, I will not be held liable to any of the cost incurred. On the other hand this raises the question why they have not attempted to take a different approach in getting me online?

What I would like to know now is what would those old hands of you recommend I should do? I hold a current JAR-25 rating now but not a whole lot of hours and a failed SV. And the biggest question is, how do I sell it to prospective employers? I am a huge fan of honesty but honesty is not always your best bet, particularly not in this game...

Again, thanks so much for all your thoughts!