PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing microlight training near Luton
Old 11th Jan 2011, 11:14
zeddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed wing microlight training near Luton

Hi everyone. I have been following this forum for a while, but this is my first post.

I have been looking at doing my PPL for a while now and have finally decided to take the plunge. However a good friend recently suggested that I do a trial flight in a fixed wing microlight of the newer variety such as the C42/Eurostar and get my NPPL instead. This does make sense as my main reason for going for a PPL is purely flying for pleasure. The NPPL(m) seems cheaper, and easier to obtain for this purpose. I dont think I have any real need to do the full PPL on the cessna/piper types since all I really want to do in the future is get up in the air and enjoy myself! I have read similar advice in these forums so am seriously considering this option.

I have been looking for a microlight club in Bedfordshire or Buckinghamshire to get a trail lesson in one of these but cant find any. Yes I have googled and found the bedford microlight club but they do not offer flights in the c42 type fixed wing aircraft. Would anyone be able to recommend one for me in this general area? I dont really want to travel into london or the midlands if i can avoid it..

many thanks for your help!