PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 08:28
kenyan85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lazzah99

First off, I wanna congratulate you for having made it to the FI. That is quite a feat on your part, so pat yourself on the back. Do you know how many people even DREAM of getting an invite to the Assessment Day? Next, I'm gonna say that I agree with Samantha and Purelife and if I may add my two cents worth - I think you want this job TOO MUCH. And trust me, it shows during the interview. I think wanting it too much is picked up by the recruiters, and they put it down in your report. Wanting it too much = Too emotional a personality = Not logical = unsuitable for the job. I've been to the FI twice and both times, I was flustered, nervous, spoke too much, and tried too hard to impress the recruiters. It came as no suprise when I got the Rejection Email. You need to get to a place where you are able to think about this job without eliciting an emotional reaction, and it might take a while. You can fake it during the FI, but I have a feeling that the recruiters are trained to pick up on lies. They would ask you to re-phrase your answer, or ask the same question in another way. They WILL catch you. Honesty is the best way to go. Another thing, you might wanna hold a mock Final Interview with the help of a friend. If you can do this once a week for the next 6 months or so, I believe you'll be good to go during your next FI. I believe you have what it takes - your passion confirms this.

In other news, a girl that I 'trained' in preparation for the Nairobi December Assessment Day got her Golden Call yesterday! Sooo happy for her! If anyone has 21st March as DOJ, please PM and I'll pass your contacts on to her. Maybe I should change careers and become a consultant or recruiter hehe! Her story goes to prove that with commitment, passion and vision, anyone can get accepted into EK.

p.s - For my Kenyan colleagues who post messages on pprune that get deleted, please edit your posts, and use proper grammar when posting. It's becoming a bit embarrassing to see Kenyan posts getting deleted ad nauseam.

Good Luck to All!

Last edited by kenyan85; 11th Jan 2011 at 10:53.