PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 05:21
superdimona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Provided you have your aircraft registered with them there's little they can do and there are no fines or penalties.
Some people might not be 'scared' of the RAA, but if they misbehave they bloody well should be scared of CASA. Last time I checked having an RAA rego wasn't a blanket 'get out of jail free' card.

What kind of safety culture are they running that would allow this?
Let's suppose someone (and I am specifically not talking about the gentlemen on the other forum) has terrible judgement, but is skilled enough to pass a flight test. What magical method do GA schools do that stop people being idiots after they get their licenses that RAA schools don't?

Question is, would you want to share your CTA with this guy whom would be entitled to use it with said endorsement?
If someone can't demonstrate they can fly safely in CTA, they shouldn't get the endorsement. As for their behaviour afterwards, if they act like an idiot in CTA then CASA should come down on them like a ton of bricks.

I don't like sharing the roads with the bottom 1% of drivers either, but they will always exist.

Do you think he is the only one that has removed a piece of approved oil line and replaced with a pipe from his local Autopro store?
Probably not. This is really outside of my area of expertise, but I will say I've encountered more dud parts in GA aircraft (a park-brake handle coming off, radio nav equipment failing, and many instruments plastered U/S) then I have in RAA aircraft (A brief transponder glitch where the height information was corrupted). But with the GA fleet as old as it is that's not really surprising.

Consider this: If the RAA didn't exist, our bottom 2% who can pass flight tests then misbehave would probably be in GA instead.