PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 02:09
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, let's tar thousands of pilots because of the actions of one person
I'd really hope that if I publicly admitted this to CASA and my instructors knew about it, I wouldn't be flying anymore!
That's another problem with the RAA. Nobody is "scared" of them and they just continue to do whatever they want. At worst they might make you do another flight review or take your certificate for a couple of months. Provided you have your aircraft registered with them there's little they can do and there are no fines or penalties. They did change the constitution a while back to be able to kick out members whom bring them into disrepute, however that is a legal minefield for them and I don't believe it has ever happened. When they tried, it was done incorrectly and they got some nasty legal type letters.

Question is, would you want to share your CTA with this guy whom would be entitled to use it with said endorsement?

What kind of safety culture are they running that would allow this?

What kind of technical qualifications are on offer to ensure that he correctly maintains his plane or than an annual non-compulsory maintenance seminar, if that?

Superdimona, do you think this guy is the only one that does things like this? Do you think he is the only one that has removed a piece of approved oil line and replaced with a pipe from his local Autopro store?