PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smaller UK cargo companies
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 00:25
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smaller UK cargo companies

Please could I ask if anyone has any info on smaller UK cargo freight companies or if the market is dominated by the big boys these days.

I've been looking for smaller companies that do UK trips / ireland / scotland / islands etc using small prop aircraft, there is a nice little twin otter that comes into liverpool every now and again but hard to find out who operates it.
Also interested in Ad hoc cargo outfits.

my question is based on I'd like to work for a small company like this one day when I have enough experience but only at cpl IR stage and I'd like to approach some companies to see if I can gain some experience in the work and how they operate until I get more hours and things pick up.

I'm based mcr liverpool but would travel any location. Looking at manchester there seems to be lots of handling companies but only big boys when it comes to aircraft and aoc's

any information very much appreciated on companies or how the cargo market is set up ie if such small companies exist in the UK and even more appreciative of any contacts or links or possible ideas to gain experience of the cargo world

Many Thanks for any time and effort taken to reply.