PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada says the UAE is acting like a pompous thug says Colin Kenny
Old 10th Jan 2011, 18:31
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Obs

Judging by your remarks in post #14 you're clearly trying to wind a number of us folks up and nothing more. Good game.

If not, surely you can come up with something a lot more intelligent to say about this immature hissy fit the UAE are on about with Canada.

"the UAE stood to gain very little from it (aside from a few dollars in rent I guess)......... "
Are you kidding? Try running that notion through your brain one more time to see if that statement makes sense.

How does Canada have more to gain from basing its Military in the UAE?

I have to say, you're right about the culture and face saving though.
The UAE really have painted themselves into a corner on this issue and it's highly unlikely those immature wallies in Ottawa will respond with any more "childlike behaviour and comments".

Personally, I'd like to see our childish parliamentarians respond with random and arbitrary removal of overflight clearances and landing authorizations. Kind of a reciprocal "face saving" gesture from the Cdn Gov't the Khaleejis would be used to. (However unlikely that childish gesture would be.)

Willie