PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QSP PPL hours
Thread: QSP PPL hours
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2011, 16:37
BEagle

Received 342 Likes on 119 Posts
ATCAdam, you cannot mix and match credits in the NPPL Cross-Credit document!

BGA Glider Pilots Licence to NPPL (SSEA)

The holder of a valid BGA Glider Pilots Licence who wishes to obtain a NPPL with SSEA Class Rating shall:
a. Produce the BGA Glider Pilots Licence;
b. Produce log book evidence of having satisfactorily completed not less than 10 hours flying training on single-engine piston aeroplanes under the supervision of a FI(A), which must include:
(1) Not less than 1 hour dual instruction in stall/spin awareness and avoidance;
(2) Not less than 1 hour dual instrument appreciation;
(3) Not less than 1 hour supervised solo flight.
c. Pass the JAR-FCL PPL (A) theoretical examinations;
d. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAA Class 1 or 2 medical certificate;
e. Pass the NPPL NST and GST in a SSEA.
Paragraph b must all be completed on a SEP or SSEA aeroplane, not a Vigilant (which the CAA classes as a TMG). I very much doubt whether any AEF would give you so much 'free' flight training as that's not what they're set up for and not what my taxes should be expected to pay for. I certainly doubt whether they would be prepared to allow you to take the Skill Tests on a Tutor.

I don't know how much flight time you would be given on a flying scholarship, but the minimum total time required to meet the accreditation allowance would be about 13 hours (10 + 2 skill tests of about 1.5 hours each).

The NPPL seems a lot more attainable considering the above...
That's why I wrote the document!