PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tristars grounded again?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2011, 15:51
minigundiplomat

Received 186 Likes on 70 Posts
Valve,

Damn lies and statistics. I have no doubt that you are correct and most jets arrive within the 180 min timeframe. I do question your choice of metrics old chap.

The Trimotor may well taxi in at BZZ with 250 pax exactly on time, but how many pax are backed up at BZZ/KAF because of earlier problems. That is the faith/trust issue that colours perceptions of the airbridge and that is what needs to be addressed.
Weather/Serviceability/Crewing/Rocket attacks all cause bumps in the road. 216 are working exceptionally hard, and the Trimotor may be a great aircraft, but we do not have the flexibility of capacity within the fleet to cope when things, as they often do, go wrong.

As much fun as p1ssing matches are, the spotlight needs to fall on whether we are equipped to complete the task with the assets we have. I don't think we are, and it follows that a full and frank debate is needed. I will concede that this is not the forum for that, and wild claims from across the pond are not always welcome, or needed.