PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2011, 09:31
mcgrath50

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
McGrath50, open your eyes. Its 2011, not 1980.
My opinions are based on experience, not simply on what I think. Insulting percieved ability, qualifications and age is not very intelligent I must say.
My opinions too are based on my experience and the experience of others (from both sides) I have listened to. I can almost guarantee you have more years under your belt but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid as a part of a discussion which is what I believe we are having. In no way have I insulted anyones personnel ability or even mention age.

My issue is the inequity, what makes RAAus great (and a reason I would 'migrate' to it) is because it's cheap because it doesn't need to be regulated as highly because they avoid costly things like CTA (user pays), CASA systems of maintenance (costly) and the increased training needed to conduct CTA ops (maybe I am a bad pilot but I most certainly found CTA flying harder to grasp than Class G flying initially.). This will all need to be implemented to RAAus and will make it costly to something much closer to GA fees. Why go there? If you want CTA get a PPL. An experienced RAAus pilot such as yourself shouldn't have much difficulty converting and the cost would be much reduced.