PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2011, 06:16
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wise earlier

Oba1Kanobe thanks for your input´s here. Do you know what happend with the B777´s and B787´s ?? Just curious.

Back in late 2007 I met with a Dr. M.A.O.A-I. and another Gentleman in London to talk about a Management Position in Lagos. I am dual expirienced, in the Cockpit of B737 and B777. I was flying the Desk and the Cockpit. We talked openly about alot of things and it did not sound that optimum but the desire was there to achieve things.

I told the two what the first idea and impression was and some of my predictions unfortunatly became reality when I follow the thread here and hear some things now and then on the tarmac. I´ve seen the A340 now and then in JFK at least.

To keep up with the pay is important, that is the part of the accountants. To keep the Pilots is part of the DFO and the terms and conditions outlined in the contract and strictly followed. Now we know that discipline is not a strengh in some places in Aviation.

The 30/30 is desirable of course but I have my doubts that it can happen. My suggestion back was 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off as long as Arik does not have the Network to "shuffle" the Pilots to and from work in the own Planes. After the routes are there and the possibilty exists to position the crew´s from theire home base to Lagos and back a 20 day on and 10 day´s off at home pattern can be established and a stability of retaining crew will settle together with a ontime payment.

I am sure that would attract a quantity of quality Pilots and other Personell as well to secure a economical schedule.

That the loadfactor and the revenue achieved contributes to a profitable operation is key but the foundation is that the organisation harmonizes in itself. That reflects in many way´s and contributes to a minimizing of losses and keep´s all on track. Wings of Africa, fly high.

Keep us up to date and I am still looking in here now and then. I am sure we would have worked well together but the time was not right back then. Conditions of 8 weeks on 2 weeks off where undiscussable, another reason why I did not took the offer back then.

Fly safe and land happy

NG