PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2011, 00:34
SW3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VH-XXX you need to get OFF your high horse and READ my points rather than just fire off your opinion because I mentioned RAAus. Like I said, it's not 1980 anymore and oh yeah, RAAus aircraft do carry maps.

For your information I fly in CTA everyday for a living so yes I have flown in CTA before and so I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Reading your reply of how difficult CTA is leads me to ask you, have you ever flown in CTA before?? And how much?? Maybe you need to go in for more training? WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT I'M GETTING AT!

Let me reiterate. Training and education is the key. Yes many RAAus instructors have not flown in CTA before, neither had GA Instructors before they did the CTA component.
Therefore, train the instructors who will then train the students. Rocket science hey? And I recall something about a high standard is required in CTA and this would have to be adhered to?

Baswell is correct. Way back when I did my PPL I did three navs into CTA. Not what you would call exhaustive.

McGrath50 did you read my point about catering for those enthusiasts who live in a city area? Why should they miss out on the benefits of RAAus? RAAus is NOT trying to be GA, it was set up for the enthusiast and it does that fantastically. Not surprisingly CTA WAS NOT SET UP FOR GA to have to itself. It's not a holy land open only to PPL holders and above.

As for IFR waypoints, I believe the ERSA states to track as closely as possible to IFR routes. Can't say I've ever heard of a VFR aircraft being asked to track via an IFR waypoint. How exactly do you do that via primary means (Map) without an approved GPS?

VH-XXX you say you aren't anti RAAus. Mate read your replies. YOU ARE. Every point you raise against RAAus pilots, many GA pilots have been guilty of. However I'm not going to enter into an argument, my point is we all deserve use of Australian airspace and we all have a common interest, FLYING. Who cares what you fly, as long as you fly. We should be united, not have 'this camp and that camp'. I'm in both and its nonsense this game of them and us.

Horatio yes RAAus schools don't have as many anchors from CASA as GA schools do, and this is what makes it so good. Less regulation doesnt mean a lower standard, it only takes away the requirements which don't apply. Wouldn't that be nice for all?
Schools in RAAus are regularly inspected and must conform to all requirements. If they don't there are severe repucussions, as for any pilots which flout the rules.