PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2011, 23:38
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need to re-read the post you are replying to.

Originally Posted by BrATCO
Aren't Spaniards the ones who have been treated unable to cope with English, page after page, in this very thread ?
Was this propaganda too ?
And now, you want them to work English only ?
??? Are you sure you're not mixing up responses from various people here?

You suggest foreign controllers could come in Spain and work along with Spanish controlers...
I did not suggest that. I do not particularly give a stronzetto[*] one way or another.

[*] Interestingly, vBulleting censors the non-diminutive form.

As you don't seem to know much about control, let me tell you that even though level 4 in English can be considered enough to spit in a mike, a good level 5 in Spanish should be preconised for coming controllers to work together with Spanish controllers on a sector.
Yes, fantastic, but isn't level 4 the minimum legally required (whether that's sufficient or not, and I think we all know in practise it's probably not)? If that's not the case, I'm happy to stand corrected. Note that my mention of level 4 was in the context of pilots flying in class A airspace anyway so it's not entirely clear to me by which association of ideas you might have arrived at your response above.

Re CDG, I (really !) don't know why French came back on the freq. I just wonder why controllers who work English 90% of the time would mind adding 10%...
Well, in the post that you are putatively replying to I have explained that: political considerations completely unrelated to the aviation industry. Very sad.

Call the Royal Decrees/Government Decisions as you like.
??? Please explain?

Spanish controllers are not treated the same as the rest of Spanish population.
In one way or another every sector, community, and individual is treated in a particular way which you can argue "is not the same" as the rest. So what?

If you have any particular interest on any of this, I think you should come to Spain for a visit and see how it is all really like (a degree in anthropology would probably help )

Read : The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (I know : off-thread)

Aviation rules forbid controllers to work if ever they feel unfit for any reason, same for pilots. Why shouldn't they have a right to go on sick-leave or even quit ?
I really don't know how this relates to any recent discussion. In any event, the situation is still as per regulations, the only difference being the way it's managed, which had to change due to controllers being irresponsible and abusing the system, as has been talked about previously.

Just the contrary in fact. The reason for FR-only fields in France is precisely that they are not controlled.
I know how it works, thank you.

Being a controller, not a politician nor any union-ist, safety is my first concern.
Well, that's good to hear (especially the bit about being non-union). That's about the only sense you've talked in your whole reply I'm afraid. Not wishing to offend, but I see you are emotional and can't help to think you might be a little tired as well.