PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2011, 19:46
Nock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to disturb you in this discussion but, we were discussing at work about AENA wanting to hire some italian controllers and some points remained a little hazy (and this discussion holds so many deviations that I am unable to find out the answers!):

1) why this hiring? would foreign ATCO be used only to replace spanish ATCOs (and his this case, which ones) or would they be used as OJTI and train spanish atcos (military, civilian???)
2) is there an official paper (I have made a quick research on the aena website but with no luck) where I could find this decision to employ foreign atcos? If someone had this kind of document, could he send it to me via PM?

Last thing, I've read the really interesting issue of The Controller of october, it's well written and it really explains how things happened in Spain. I sincerely hope that no controller will accept such a deal to work for aena, just to show that we are solidary with of spanish colleagues and that you can't attack our profession in this way with the approval of the ATCO community.

good luck dear southern neighbours and thanks for your help in my search for information!

Nock