PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR ATPL Feasibility Study ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2001, 20:53
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gazelle507 – Thanks for the reply. From a previous posting I found out that unfortunately there was no conversion available, mind you I was asking more about the multi IFR at that time. So, written exams and MCC aside, my assumption from what you are saying is that with respect to the flying portions, there will be a CPL skill test (hopefully most of the ‘training’ criteria may have been met by my Canadian CPL and so I would be able to complete the CPL skills test in a quicker timeframe), I/R skills test with non-negotiable reduction of 55 hours course (though possible 5 hrs credit if holding an IR from a foreign state), and an MEP. Again for the MEP, I’m assuming that there is no minimum requirement in terms of hours training on a twin, thus in theory, if after your first dual flight or two the instructor can see the student is ready for the flight test then the time and cost can be shortened.

Red snail – thanks also for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have 500 hours, so it would appear that a very expensive trip to Gatwick is on the cards at some point. Thanks for the web link and good luck with your conversion, at least you have an ATPL already .

Mutant - Thanks for the TO heads up. Hopefully he is now able to the initial medical at not quite the outrageous costs charged at Gatwick. Mind you, its got me thinking that my aviation doctor here in Ottawa, he’s the Head of the Aviation Medical profession and did his training at Biggin Hill, so fingers crossed. Check your remarks about the modular route as well, not to mention the wisdom of continuing with flight training over here in the meantime – cheers. BTW – I just picked up your e-mail as well. Thanks a lot. I’ll be replying tout suite.