PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I got grounded
Thread: I got grounded
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2011, 09:32
BusinessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so, how's it gone since you started the thread? Some extremely good advice here. Mercenary Pilot and others have described a lot of the things I did in order to get ahead of the game during my line training which I found really helped.

- sitting down and debriefing all flights to myself, noting anything down on paper/pc so I can review it in future and learn the point / not make the same mistake again or ask the LTC (or other copilots) about it on the ground

- using any spare time in the air on thinking ahead to the next phase, how it'll be done, what preparation etc. Then the 'changing situations' you mention aren't such a big 'change'

- chair-flying beforehand (and afterwards). If you do this properly you will probably come up with some questions that you would have come up with when flying. Saying to the LTC "I was walking through XX phase last night and it made me think about YY, can you clarify for me?" or whatever shows clearly that you are putting work in your own time and taking it all very seriously, not hiding from the difficulties the minute you get out of work (which I'm not saying you are doing)

- being open with the LTCs about what you want to learn

I really hope it works out for you. All the best. BM