PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crop Spraying
Thread: Crop Spraying
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 23:51
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear exactly what you are saying there nigelh and I am quite happy to cop the criticism. I am also happy to say in front of the subject that impetuousness, which I think he may have a tad of, is one of the many failings or traps that many newbies can fall into. This quality is perhaps a totally separate entity from ego in all its variables. Of course that ego quality is often found in racing car drivers, -and helicopter pilots. surprise - surprise.

Impetuousness expresses itself in many ways and I have seen many bits of bent stuff as a result of it so I ususally react the way I did here and I have found it helps. Case studies reveal the old; "seemed like a good idea at the time," or, "gees I knew I shouldn't have done that." in each case the underlying and previously tested judgement capacity appeared to be very sound.

In this case this dude is well organized, has obviously worked hard to get where he is and I would guess has a quite high skill level in most of the disciplines that he will need. I am sure that he will go well in aviation. Most of us would envy his excellent start and job for sure. I am sure you don't need any introduction to what I am saying, it is for the benefit of the newbie.

Just perchance this (as below) turned up on my email this morning as a good demonstration. It is a true story of our families youngest teenager of the next generation, my brother's daughter, who has managed to - I hope - learn a little of a couple of lifes values in a way that we as parents hope that they don't. The good news is, she has survived, well so far as you'll see. Happened just a couple of days ago somewhere in north USA.

cheers tet

"Onto one other bit of education.
S---- decided to go shopping when at swimming carnival that she drove herself and L-- to.
S---- left her advised location without informing mother because she thinks she is entitled to.
S---- stuck the nose out to test the air in the peak hour traffic.
Then drove blind across to second lane under direction of stopped first lane driver.
Bang.
Removed nose off Mum’s car.
S---- is not hurt nor are the other two drivers.
Fine of $425.00 from Police for failing to yield.
Court appearance –yet to happen.
Perhaps driver training.
Two cars to also claim insurance against me.
One white mice benz to repair if not written off.
S----’s dad is not happy.
And the worst of all is just starting, for S----’s Mum is so totally - totally - totally so pissed off that she can’t even look at S----.
S---- faces strangulation