PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 8th Jan 2011, 13:51
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Nah, see henra, you've got it backwards. I didn't attack anyone. It was guys like mcpave and ospreydriver who came on here attacking *me* because (in their opinion) I can't possibly know ANYTHING about the V-22 because I do not fly one. Therefore I'm stupid. They were the ones who began insulting my intelligence and knowledge while making vague counterclaims with precious little detail due to "operational security." I was just wrong, they said, and we'd just have to take their word on it.

Secondly, I did not call mcpave a "lowly helicopter pilot." I merely mentioned mcpave and ospreydriver's oft-repeated derision and disdain for for "lowly" helicopters, which in their view cannot hold a candle to the magical miracle...this modern marvel called the V-22.

I speculate on mcpave's civilian future because it is relevant. I'm concerned about him. How will such a person adjust to "normal" life, given that there will be no tiltrotors to fly? Here is a person who, when faced with someone who disagrees with his views, admits publicly that he'd like to kill that man on general principle! Certainly the FAA would never see fit to issue him a medical certificate. And I'm thinking..."What kind of civilian job could a person this unstable hold?" Ohhhh right, a cop. Seems a natural fit.

Am I wrong?

henra, your questions regarding the relative merits of the V22 v. H53 are valid. What good is winning a war if the country goes broke in the process? But be prepared for a barrage of criticism, mostly centered around the fact that the V-22 was always intended to replace the H-46, *not* the H-53. ...To which I always ask: How many USAF H-46's did the V-22 replace?