PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crop Spraying
Thread: Crop Spraying
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 12:32
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi matt,
how's it going, still alive? just a couple more tips.

firstly, don't bother about having an f'n answer for everything, save the explanations for you own learning and conduct.

secondly, I note you're operating in a bit of dust, got any dust filters on that rocket?

thirdly, keep your engine trend chart right up to date, you're environment may need it. why/ because even tho' you have top gear what you are doing is launching at max weight off a skid rest almost into a direct OGE situation prior to translation well above the most efficient rotor height. this may mean that as you go along you may? become complacent and just keep on pulling that little bit more power, hotter day - loader stuffs up and puts a bit too much in you tank -those sorts of things. It's always much easier to lift a good load from IGE. That engine performance may creep away from you before you notice it.

fourthly, make sure you have an escape plan if the donk quits just after you pull power and are lifting off. The considerations are 1) how to get away from the truck with your T/R - the loaders really won't appreciate bits of metal in their ear holes, 2) then figure out how to be able to stop forward motion before touchdown - the ground that you mostly will launch over is a fine tilth of plowed soil, usually wetted down to make the plants grow innit and thus not condusive to run on landings.

fifthly, not only is your OAT gauge a bit of a give away as to how cool your environment is, but those lilly white legs man, how much sun have they really seen? is this some sort of a windup? and please tell me how many pilots did you see getting about in Iraq flying in shorts, give it a break mate, pull the other leg it plays jingle bells. no, better still don't worry about the f'n stories we already know the answer to that.

Number six. if your loaders wear gloves and ear muffs they must of forgot 'em for the photo huh?

number seven, if others in the industry swan around in shorts, well I say to that why put your head in a gas oven just because some else does? be an individual and be responsible enough to set your own pace, and as Ag-rotor says, form some good habits, helps when you get old an' doddery and forgetful.

surely there should be three more stories to round it off, but I can't think of them right now, just keep you head down, your eyes and ears open and you're trap shut an' you'll be alright.
cheers tet