PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 11:45
The Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are very good at arguing the same points made by others after the fact ol' fruit

Yes I am very well aware, that is why I posted the US government legislation on the previous page . It is clear the economic, social, and safety impacts of selective, tactical removal of signal are considered, and by design protected (where the signal is safety critical) by all of those system devices (such as RAIM, cross reference NAV, back-up NavAid, etc etc) for just such cases.

Do any of you really think there are not protocols in place between sovereign governments (including ours) and the US specifically dealing with these issues!? ... no doubt the same with the Euro's on Galileo

As far as this diversionary subject is concerned, it is well known by those who have half a clue that the aviation systems are designed to be fail SAFE. In other words, even if the constellation/s were not available at zero notice, there are other NAV, ATS etc system contingencies in place to ensure air traffic can immediately recover in to a less efficient, but safe operating mode.

T28 ... Atomic Time shift is but one method