PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G B airways
Thread: G B airways
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2002, 18:17
tottyhighflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baboy No I have never worked for Britannia and I'm glad you enjoy GB and are happy there. I had 2 weeks at GB where I sat on the M25 going to LHR and back. I was promised night stops that never materialised and if you were one of the chosen few to get one you'd land at 9pm and check out at 6am. It was hunt the day off on your roster and nearly all my course were disillusioned and majority have left to join friendly well paid jobs with other airlines. I was told my take home pay would be around £1000 which was always short by £200. By all means not everyone was power crazed, but the general atmosphere was against new crew especially ex flyers because they thought we were telling tales to managers about what I don't know? Anyway the proof is in resignations and how many people GB had to recruit.
And for anyone else BA cancelled courses that were planned and where people had recieved uniforms contracts etc..
Some crew resigned from jobs where redundancy was offered a week later of £15,000. It was badly handled. So there were many victims of BA job cuts and they certainly weren't all voluntary!