PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 10:54
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting post, Rachman, thank you for it. A few thoughts popped into my head reading it...

it is not about rivalry with BRS or BHX
Forgive me, but it is. The market - however large that is for Cardiff - is finite, and other airlines and other airports want to take it. EasyJet are all over the Cardiff catchment because they want the revenue.

It is about providing air services for our market-place; for our catchment area.
Not sure what you meant here. The only organisations that can provide air services are airlines, not airports, and we don't do that to provide a service, we do it to make money. Harsh perhaps but there you are, that's the fact of reality.

the only airline able to provide the right equipment for CWL's market scenario
Congratulations, you seem to have more idea about the 'market scenario' than anyone else!

I believe that public disenchantment with the low-cost con....
A statement not borne out by the passenger numbers. Growth in the low cost sector continues apace, as witnessed by the recent easyJet order.

Whether FlyBe take up the challenge or not remains to be seen.
They will if they can see a market opportunity. Simples. They won't be up for any challenge they don't need to take.

I just hope the lo-co-con is not part of it.
I really don't see any other options for Cardiff. It needs 'pile it high and sell it cheap' to get the market back from BHX and BRS...

TA