PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 8th Jan 2011, 09:08
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Studentindept,

Bill Francis himself used the words 'market rate plus 10%' quite a number of times, it was certainly nothing to do with Bassa other than they might have been quoting him.

What amazes me is that you seem to think this kind of wage is ok and that some of you living on vastly higher wages are so fast to come on here and defend this kind of pay.

The CSM wage is, I will grant you, 'market rate and probably plus 10%' but the main crew wage and the wage of those main crew on the Future Talent programme is well below market rate and especially for Heathrow, the most expensive area in the whole of the UK to live.

Some of them are living on the South coast, Midlands, Wales etc and driving in because they are finding it hard to find somewhere cheap enough to live. It must be costing them a fortune in petrol.

I truly feel for these people because I can see that they are keen and just want to work for BA. The basics have never been good as a new entrant for any airline and it is is always a leap of faith because until your allowances start coming through you're never quite sure if you will earn enough unless you know people. With any airline it is hard at first but this package is just beyond belief and quite frankly it is taking advantage of the aspirations of young people to work for the Flag carrier..