PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official Avalon Airshow Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 05:40
Stikybeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember going down there one year when Qantas took down a 747 (ex Mascot) and parked it right in the middle of everything!!!! I was great taxying through the crowd and looking out the window and all the people walking around. When we left the PIC did a great flyby and those left in the stands were cheering and waving. Would've looked great from there. One blue I did make though was I didn't get the gold pass, opting instead for the dust bowl where I met one of those aviation experts that had the scanner, whizbang cameras. rayban sunnies, jacket and everything. I've posted about that experience before. I wonder if I'll accidently spill my beer on him again (sorry mate...like I tell you every time, No we haven't met before and it was an accident..).

In any case, it would be good if Qantas or someone could do that again although I don't know if the A380 would get into Avalon or not (anybody know?). What I usually do is book round about now and get the JS flight down at 0700ish and back on the day (1550ish) with Gold pass. ( I just checked and the flight is filling...) Whole day ( with beers etc) usually costs me around $500- and is money well spent.
Stiky