PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deer Air info
Thread: Deer Air info
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 05:39
PROBEUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCIIVMB:
There is no fuel saving bonus, at least on my contract. There is an annual bonus that is safety related I believe. I think they have been paying that, but I haven't asked.

I am based in Guangzhou, but I cannot answer if it is available at the moment. Here is the situation about flying, to the best of my knowledge.

Capitol is a small part of Hainan Airlines, and everything we do, we do in concert with Hainan. Sometimes we even fly with a Hainan callsign, or Lucky Air, another Hainan subsidiary. Capitol has big growth plans, which if they pan out, will mean new opportunities for flying at every base. If I told you what we do right now in CAN, by the time you got here, it will have changed, maybe several times over. So I don't think it is too important to be concerned about the current schedules, as they won't exist by the time you get here.

But, FWIW, expats in CAN now do only a couple of trips normally. A one day turn to Chongqing, leaving at 725 and arriving about 1300. 4.5-5 hours of pay. A 2 day trip to Kunming, departing 0735, arriving back to CAN about midnight the next day. 9.5-10 hours of pay. They just added a third day to that trip, with 4 legs that pays 8 hours in the middle. 18 hour 3 day trip. I hope that one becomes the norm. Do one of those a week, plus 1 Chongqing every other week, and you would have your 80 hours.

The one gotcha about CAN is the airport is a long way from the city. 35 km and a 105 rmb taxi ride. The taxi drivers here are Satanic. I just got my drivers license and will buy a small car soon. I don't think I would want to be based here without a car. Just my opinion.

I like Guangzhou. Again, my opinion only.