PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 8th Jan 2011, 01:35
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
helonorth (again):
You are a nasty bugger, aren't you? Yes, a deficit is the amount of a short fall over a specific time period and a debt is the total negative amount.
Well...still not quite right. Debt is debt. It's not a total negative amount, because debt is offset by revenue. The difference between revenue and debt is the deficit (or surplus). I see now why you confused the terms and told me *I* didn't know what I was talking about - YOU don't understand it! Our national public debt is $14 trillion. Our DEFICIT is around $1.9 trillion. Please don't insult my intelligence while demonstrating a lack of your own.

But even if you were right...even if our deficit were $14 trillion, that would be even MORE reason to cancel the Osprey! Thankfully, our deficit is not nearly that high. ...As if $1.9 trillion isn't a lot of money. Hah!

But I do still think your arm chair analysis should be kept to yourself to prevent further embarrassment. You also cannot argue without personal attacks and insults, which, IMO, destroys any credibility you may have left. Oh yes, mckpave supposedly threatened your life! You can say whatever you want.
Don't you worry about my embarassment. I'm in charge of that, thank you. Frankly, I'd worry about my own embarassment if I were you. You can think what you want about my "armchair analysis." You don't like it? Too bad. Go post on another forum, perhaps one for whiny little girls. If you know something...anything...about tiltrotors, then feel free to contribute to this discussion, mm'kay? Otherwise, maybe you could start an "FH1100 pilot is a nasty bugger!" thread. Let's see how many responses/views it gets!

Oh, and mcpave? Here is what he said to me in his post, #846 in this thread:
...But, since you said it and now that I've told you, yes I'd still like to kill you, just on general principle.
Hmm. Now what would YOU call such a statement? Maybe not a "death threat" per se, but close enough! How would *you* like to walk around knowing that there's someone out there who'd really like to kill you "on general principle?" Should I take him seriously? Should I report that to the police (or worse, the PPRUNE mods)?

I sort of feel sorry for guys like mcpave. I mean, once he gets out of the military, what if he pursues a flying job? There are no civilian tiltrotors, nor are there likely to be in his lifetime. With his disdain for mere, lowly helicopters, can you imagine the poor helicopter pilot PIC that might have to share a cockpit with mcpave as SIC? I can hear him now: "This is how we did it in the Air Force..." No, I imagine that mcpave will probably become a cop or something more in tune with his personality.

This discussion is straying a bit from the V-22. Can we please focus on *it* instead of making personal attacks on me just because you don't like my opinions?