PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "reversion under stress" question...
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2011, 00:00
exeng
Mistrust in Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting BOAC

Before DODAR etc was invented (Shirley invented it I think for BA) I believe we all progressed with an abnormal situation in a 'natural process' that included all elements of DODAR etc.

In such situations (and even in normal ops of course) we have made decisions etc and then reviewed them quietly in obvious addition to discussion with the chap/ess in the RH seat who has saved my bacon on more than one occasion - flying aircraft is a constant process of reviewing decisions in real time all the time.

I'll be honest and state that in the sim I always verbally go through a dodar to ensure that the TRE takes note - which he/she always does. In real life I've always carried out a 'natural process' that ensures we catch most of the errors - we were selected for this job presumably because, amongst other skills, the airline felt that we would be able to make correct decisions (constantly reviewed) under difficult circumstances.

Hope you are well BOAC. I'm just about to start a 50% contract in West Africa - I'm starting to slow down a bit!

Kind Regards
Exeng

Last edited by exeng; 8th Jan 2011 at 00:04. Reason: usual spelling erors!