PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 21:45
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 have wiped baby out of MAN?? You mean the same way they wiped out Ryanair from MAN

Come on guys smell the coffee, Jet2 are a good little airline but they have not wiped out anybody FFS

If i recall from the bmibaby debacle surrounding SMB and LH, LH refused to extend or renew any leases until the bmi groups losses were under control, that meant that when bmibaby's leases were up the aircraft were returned and the crews sent down the road, bmi baby went from 21? aircraft to 12-14 in the space of two years so some routes and bases were always for the cull and EMA would be protected above other bases

History lesson over

What fascinates me is what they do next year 2012, surely it's grow or die? they don't seem to have been to troubled by Ryanair at EMA and one could argue that they have seen them off Paris & BHD,but i doubt Ryanair would see it that way.

I'm sure there is plenty of room at EMA for Jet2 along side both Ryanair & baby, but if Jet2 have read their sucsess at MAN as a victory over baby and think they can do the same again at EMA i suspect they will catch a cold

Lets see who has got deep pockets?