PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Pipeline Clogged
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 20:14
chopabeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that this situation is destined to continue ...and that a great number of RAF aircrew (in training) are going to have to endure a further period of of indecision.

l shall elaborate...

This week, there was a meeting between the Air Officers and Group Capt's (read Stn Cdrs) Re. this very issue. Those PPruner's who have been in the RAF for any length of time will find it no surprise that the 3 Star/2 Star were unable/unwilling to make any decisions with respect to what will happen to students in training - this meeting, which was supposed to determine the future prospects (fate) of those hundreds of Officers/NCO's in trg, concluded with no clear way forward, much to the frustration of many Gp Capts present.

Are you in this situation? A student in training? If you are, it's time to get vocal...call your Desk Officer (It's his job!!!!). Write to the AOC...you are fighting for your career!!!

Is it possible, does anyone believe, that the RAF Hierarchy actually have the intelligence and gumption to tell the truth and be honest. Personally I hope so, but I doubt it very much... too many 2 and 3 stars covering their asses for a chance at the next rank and 'who care what happens to the guys who go and fight for the country' - they should look at their reflections and weep at what they have become. It makes me sick.

The AOC's are looking for a way to get rid of people without giving them cause for legal redress - this is a legal minefield but hey are negotiating it as well as they can I assure you. Please do not let them do this without a personal explanation - call your AOC, write to them/email them - ask what is going on. Ask them personally - and see if they have the courage to answer - I personnaly bet the silence will be deafening...Our AOC's are allowing the RAF to be disected, because they don't care. It is that simple...they don't care....think differently? Good, show me some some proof.
As RAF Officers I believe we must consider ourselves abandoned. We are on our own. The Air Officers have got their promotion umbrellas and they don't care about us, and God forbid they need to make decisions. Don't believe me?...find one, and ask about the meeting on Wed...ask him what they actually decided...I rest my case. I am ashamed to be an officer in the RAF.