PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chief Wannabe Without Support!
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2001, 14:14
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob 747,

I can totally sympathise with your situation because I am not in a totally different one myself at the moment. The only difference is that I do not have the option of postponing my course like you do.
I started off thinking that maybe the job situation would not be as bad as everyone thought. To be able to predict a downturn comparable to 1991 you must have an awfull lot of insight into world affairs and to be quite frank none of us has seen a political situation like this before. Granted it could be compared to 1991 but it is totally unique in the sense that we just cannot say how a war with terrrorists is going to pan out. Surfice to say it won't be pleasant for us wannabes.
As far as your situation goes I would take a step back and be sensible. If you can give the money back but be able to borrow it at a later date then I would do so, if not then welcome aboard the flight to Uncertainty City!

As much as I hate to believe WWWs thoughts on the situation I have to face facts and admit that this is a grim state of affairs and will probably be this way for a couple of years at least.

Keep your chin up and be grateful that you have the opportunity to postpone so saving heartache and financial loss.

I won't tell you how much I have just borrowed.

VFE.

[ 18 September 2001: Message edited by: VFE ]