PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 19:06
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 at EMA is IT ie the majority of booking are with Jet2holidays.com, not the same as Jet2.com
What an earth are you on about, trust me the vast majority of seats are sold via Jet2.com, an average of about 10 passenger per flight on dynamic J2Hols packages, I will say it again, Jet2's EMA operation is not IT! Flight operate on a scheduled basis with around 70% of passengers booking direct on Jet2.com.

The increased load factors at LBA are due to a reduction in flight frequency, nothing against that in it self but less seats for sale means shrinkage
Dropped for summer was Karkow (4x weekly) and 3 of the 4 Pisa rotations. (Total -7) New routes & Increases included: MIR 1x weekly, Corfu 1x weekly, Tenerife +1 weekly, Dalaman, +1 weekly, Jersey +1 weekly, Bergerac 2x weekly. Total +7. Jet2 offered a higher capacity last summer, so quite the opposite of what you state.

I am not one for conflict and want ever airline to prosper, but bmi baby really needs to change their business model or find some kind of niche as they will not win when there is increased competition. bmi baby has always been a flawed business model from the start, it has branched away from its bmi routes but still has the overheads that other low cost carriers do not have.

Like Firestorm has said, if any airline wants to push baby off it's routes it will. Jet2 has done at Manchester, and i'm afraid they have got their sights on EMA. I hope bmi baby do something to differentiate themselves, first step would be to get some sort of decent website. I apologise for coming across as anti bmi baby, i'm not. I have have had 5 good experiences (and only one poor one, I fell victim to the hand luggage gauge scam) and I do hope they prosper.