PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical Pension
Thread: Medical Pension
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 14:06
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was 'awarded' (as if I had actually won it) a war disability pension and could not commute any of it. Nor was I invited to request it but it is of course, paid without Income Tax deducted.

There were lots of other bolt ons; stuff such as not having to pay child maintenance (if that is your bag) but its a time that everything seems to condense, very very quickly. There were quite a lot of 'rabbits in headlamps' scenarios going on as I recall, and along with getting better and getting a career sorted out, getting what I was entitled to seemed to come in third - we are conditioned to be too proud to ask, or to be seen to stand up for ourselves. Also - don't forget, you'll now get free Tube travel. W'hey!

As mentioned, contact RBL (priceless - there is nothing like having a closet anti-establishment retired WO scribbly on your side), dictate the pace if you can and start as early on as you can; and don't be afraid to make a nuisance of yourself. RBL's Civvy Street prog is great as well. It funded quite a few of my exams way back when. If you need an info steer on what you might want to be looking at with regards to future money needs etc, just PM me.

Home

Boris launches free travel for war veterans ? MayorWatch

Good luck. And as for Headley Court - brilliant place, brilliant people.