PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operators who dont reply to an application.
Old 7th Jan 2011, 13:30
Davjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just 2 applications and the world is over!! I sent maybe thousands and only got a fraction back. I wish it only took 2 applications to get a reply and a job. Not to dishearten your son, but there are thousands of Pilots out there all trying to get a job, and some have been waiting years just to land one, I've been waiting 10 years myself but still looking and applying. You need thick skin in this business or you may as well look at doing something else. HR departments probably receive 100s of emails daily, and the process is to sort and pick out the applicants with the most experience generally or specific experience on the type of aircraft a company may operate. They haven't got the manpower to respond to all those that didn't meet their requirements. Infact most companies state that if you don't get a response take it that you have been unsucessful this time round, as if they really wanted your son he would have received a response very swiftly. I think you're doing your son more harm than good by naming and shaming companies that don't reply. No doubt they'll know who your son is when they do a quick check on applications a lot of Chief Pilots responsible for hiring read a lot of the comments here, all they need to do is look up anyone with the last name Johnson (if that's his real surname) and will be able to deduct who your son is. I'm assuming he's a young lad by the fact you posted on his behalf, he should have really done so himself. I sympahise with you as aviation is a costly business and this could be reason for his/your frustration in not getting responses. He just needs to carry on applying and maybe calling up HR departments, and one day hopefully soon, the answer will be yes pop in for an interview.