PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operators who dont reply to an application.
Old 7th Jan 2011, 12:04
SpoolingUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mrs Johnson does say that the operators "indicated that they would respond" - and that is completely different from the standard brick wall approach.

TAG are actually very good - I used the online format and got the standard "thanks for coming" approach so I circumvented the system completely and managed (without internal assistance) to get my CV onto the Chief Pilot's desk - I certainly got a response then, as HR wrote to me and rebuked me in a "School Mistress Domantrix" kind of way for outsmarting the system - "there is an online system you know"

I have been on both sides too. Most operators do not respond if you do not match their criteria, especially if you send an application in hardcopy by overland/air mail and it hasn't been asked for. On the other hand if it is asked for and it is electronic you tend to get an automated response at least, and on the odd occasion even a personal "thanks for coming" response - and on the very very very odd occasion you even get invited for interview.

In my last job we advertised for a Capt's position and said we would Type Rate the successful applicant (Yikes!) - we got in excess of 200 applicants ranging from the newly qualified with 200hrs to the newly made redundant with 25,000hrs - we responded to every single applicant and about 6 said "Thank you" for replying - "No, thank you", "No, I insist, Thank You" - alot of work - it made us feel better but didn't gain us anything because we didn't employ anyone in the end.

Mrs Johnson - It doesn't matter whether its aviation or any other business, I am afraid rarely does anyone respond to an application, even if they say they intend to. I wish you and you son good luck with the job hunt - go get them with the Brolly and Handbag treatment