PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 11:32
septerra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

Posting after a break, to update my situation and make a few requests. My application has moved backwards since assessment day. I cleared assessment day, and was later told that my file was sent off to the PSA, or rather I found out that it had been sent off. Now, like some of you already know I am only a Permanent Resident and a few of you have pointed out to me that its possible to complete the FSP without a citizenship. In my case however, I was told that I wouldn’t have my file being looked at by the PSA until I had received my citizenship. My file was apparently sent off after a week or so since the assessment day to the PSA, and was held there for about 3 weeks before this was communicated to me [The file would have been sent sometime around August last year to the PSA and I am eligible for a citizenship only on the 8th of March 2011, therefore losing about 6/12 months of the 12 month validity of my scores at the PSA]. I was also offered to have my file recalled from the PSA to be resent after I received my citizenship, from which point my 12 month validity period would restart. I was at a dilemma on whether or not to proceed with the option, but decided to trust my case coordinators advice to have the file recalled, and am grateful that she mentioned that such an option exists. However, my concern is that I never received a confirmation letter from the PSA that my file had been received though it should have been there over three weeks before I decided to have it recalled. This has me doubting if my file was sent off at all in the first place. I hope that things are just the way I was informed they were, and not a complete mess at DFR.

In any case, I have managed to save some green, close to two and half thousand dollars in the hope of being able to obtain some sort of flying experience within the next two months, the record of which I could then attach to my file while it is going to be resent to give it more weight. I was hoping to get some feedback from the very helpful community here on how to go about this, within a strict budget. My internet searches and general enquiries have come up with very vague and expensive results.

Best Regards
Septerra