PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2011, 04:41
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the fact that AI is state owned and Ireland has good relations with India helps; hopefully this is being pursued at a diplomatic level.
Yes but based on market levels, even with LHR down the road, BHX will have more of a demand, especially in the India direction than DUB ever will. Id bet even MAN has a bigger demand than DUB.

You say this:

I was wondering about that myself; AI moved to introduce a lot more n/s flights, but I understand that these launches have not been very successful, (a) because of payload restraints
Then this:

To my mind, the biggest obstacle is the runway length at DUB, but if this shortcoming can be addressed with a commitment to extend it and some level of interim compensation
So basically, if payload is to be restricted at DUB also, what exactly are AI gaining by using DUB as a stop on an already non-stop flight?!?
Also, if the DAA are just going to throw money/compensation at AI to serve them, then whats the point for the DAA. Thats no way to run a business, and once the money runs out it will all end in tears, guaranteed.

Well said Akerosid, glad there's a bit of optimism here!
It not just that, its about being realistic too