PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Jan 2011, 04:13
loc22550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-One of the factor that justify a salary increase for F.D. crew here is dictated by the resignation rate.
2-On the other hand eventhough conditions are still better with EY,EK,AA..the difference i guess is not big enough to justify a salary increase in Q.R.
3-And as mentioned above (have been here for long time as well),Don't forget that during the last decade we had 3 salary "increase" BUT we lost:
- 3 days leave.
-1500 QR special allowance on 320.
-Overtime payment.
-Days off payment down the route.
-Did you notice that some Schedule block time for some flight has been reduced(another vicious cut) compared to last year for the same period(winter/summer..) eventough the schedule is very tidy and the flight time hasn't change ..off course!(A-320 as far as i known like other a/c don't fly faster compared to last year..!)
-minimum days off is the standard now.
-roster has never stop degrading.
-3% annual increase on the basic unlimited in time has NEVER been in application.(only for the first 5 years)
-Difference between DUTY time and FLIGHT time has never stop increasing (especially on 320..again!)
-Pension fund was just a carrot agitated by the CEO(for a while: ..8..years ago) in front of his donkey's nose..sorry i should say pilot's nose...
4-please stop dreaming or speculating about any increase..there is one golden rule in Q.R...: DON"T believe anything till you'll SEE it with your eyes!
Today i'm just sure of one think: its sunny weather in Doha because i see it!

Last edited by loc22550; 7th Jan 2011 at 08:41.