PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th Jan 2011, 23:32
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a confirmed interview date, here's a few questions:

Your ICAO ATPL and Class 1 Medical must both be issued by the same country, and the medical must be valid for at least 3 months from date of joining. Both must be issued by the same State authority where you have flown with the carrier last shown in your logbook

Perhaps I am a little ignorant about current regulations and organizations, but does that mean I cannot have a JAA ATPL issued in the UK with a medical issued in another JAA country, flying for a carrier from the UK? Otherwise, this would seem like an insane requirement, certainly don't have time to go back to the UK to get a class one re-issued at my own expense when I have a current JAA Swiss one. EK do their own medical anyway on day 4, so what is the point?

Electronic logbooks can be accepted, provided they are stamped and certified by your employer or a regulatory authority

Well, certainly don't want to give away to management of my current company, who would stamp the logbook, that I am looking elsewhere (with exception of a few trusted TRE's). So not sure if I can get this done by the CAA at short notice.

Eight coloured passport photographs, taken with a white background

What, EIGHT???? Is this for some sort of modeling competition. Eight, are they serious??? I would probably need fewer photographs to apply to be a space shuttle astronaut.

On one hand they state that "Candidates unsuccessful after Stage I are required to rebook the return flight tickets" but then they also say that "Due to high load factors, we regret that no changes to confirmed flight bookings can be accommodated prior to your arrival in Dubai"

Before everyone starts to shoot off responses, yes I get it, I am sure I do not have the right attitude to start with so I will lock myself up in a dark room to think whether or not I really want this job.