PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC 332L Rollover Event at Boundary Bay
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 23:06
poppahymen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShyTorque wrote
Ground resonance a possibility, by the look of it.
Canadian Rotorhead wrote"
Forward servo found in fully extended position with flight controls neutral or flat pitch. This would cause uncommanded right and rear roll moment."
PPNG wrote
Left L/G collapsed, aircraft rolled over, no-one hurt - end of story.
Others alluding to tail rotor maintenance related incident and autopilot run away.Some have likened it to an incident in Malaysia some 3 years ago which from my knowledge never happened. (I’m sure the incident happened but not in Malaysia) Stories of it being a L2, a L1 and even the old 330j gets a honourable mention.(Still they are related by linage in a way)

If you’re all right and I have no reason to doubt that you’re not. Then those boys were indeed having a bit of very very bad luck that day.

There was a poster on here that went by the username of Idiot Spotter and all he or her use to write in his posts was "you have been spotted"
I miss his input
So as not to be hypocritical or to be hypocritical depending on how you read this. I would of guessed that the "wind just blew with light fuel" but a post earlier (No 2) states the weather that day was no wind. So probably not the cause, so who knows?
CHC people been told not to talk to the media which is probably standard these days. But come on guys spill the beans for us. Please