PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 22:33
Iakovos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely agree with CB's analysis that the majority of the pilots fit into the 3 types he listed.

And DP you have hit the nail on the head regarding how the mood has changed since those figures came out about the big bonuses.

The main problem is that the Enders, which makes up the biggest proportion in my opinion, don't really mind which way things go.. They will empathise with the FO's with huge training loans that are counting every penny, but are they really prepared to stick their necks out for us Starters and Vote no when this ballot finally arrives? I'm sure some are, but definitely not as many as we need for our biggest collective voice.

Also, a lot of Enders have seen Balpa's perceived failings in the past and have lost faith in them and no longer subscribe, which is a real shame.

I personally think a lot of this airline, but it could be so much better. JF keeps saying in his newsletters how much he appreciates his workforce, so why not show it a bit more. Why not get away from the Training airline image and make people want to stay.

Its disappointing that the Balpa forum is almost dead regarding this Pay subject. More are voicing concerns on here and FlyingBe, I assume due to the advantage of anonymity.

We all need to support Balpa though, that's what it comes down to, or we will forever be moaning and just putting up with it.

Join Balpa, if only for the next year to enable one solid voice.