PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 6th Jan 2011, 19:16
grumpytroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't think to simple FH

The author of the report implies that the pilot decided to do a go-around or that one was discussed. An experienced helicopter pilot could infer that the forward airspeed was attained as a result of the go-around maneuver, after the failed attempt at a hovering landing. If that was the case, then unfortunately, not enough power was pulled or the aircraft was IMC and situational awarerness was further degraded. Therefore, brown out could still play a major roll in the accident. I would like to hear from our V-22 experts about the landing environment where this accident took place. (Course, you won't believe them) I have no idea what you comment about ETL adds to this.

As to your comment about the Comair pilot, yes, correct accident. To bad you again trash a persons character by implying that he purposely lies about the accident. It reminds of an earlier comment you made degrading EMS pilots who have been involved in tragic events such as this.

Interesting that you admit you would lie to investigators if you were the pilot involved in an accident. I take it then, that if in fact the black box was quickly destroyed to evade the truth, you agree with that plan.

Cheers