PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's yours, and it's free: FMS Question and Answer...
Old 30th Aug 2002, 12:59
TrafficTraffic
Pardoned PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bus Ring Masters

On the Airbus A33 and A34 series could somebody help me out here. Today I had cause to reclear an acft "..after ABC track direct XYZ"...

About 8 miles before ABC the acft commences a left turn and (by radar QDM) misses ABC by 4nm to the NE, then quite happily intecepts the dct ABC - XYZ track.

I undersand the FMC does conduct a certain amount of, lets call it track smoothing, but when the crew were quieried the reply came that we should tell them we want them to "Fly over" the point.

Is there a different input to made into the FMC to make a waypoint a "fly over" point because todays flight was routed via ABC to XYZ to take them around the Mil area they ended up very* near.

I thought I knew a fair bit about the way acft and their Nav systems operate - but this was a new one.

On the other side how many crews when cleared to a point think that means they dont actually have to overfly that point, 1 maybe 2 miles I can understand but 4 miles with RNP5 ?