PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 15:32
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They may not come but the DAA and Air India were still in talks just before Christmas
I dont think they will come either, I think the DAA is chasing a carrot that they will never get to eat!
Whilst it is good the DAA are talking to airlines, I just wouldnt be able to understand the logic of Air India changing from non-stop to a 1 stop service, and lets face it, DUB only has the PBC going for it, so like I said in my previous post, the benefits will be null and void by adding the stop.

SO do we take it from that then that T2 is as we all thought the white elephant of the celtic tiger or is there any glimmers of a possible chance that maybe if the conditions are right and that any issues can be over come that no one wants to use it
Not really. Whilst it is underused now, theres nothing wrong with improving infrastructure and its more of a 'future' investment. I think people miss this point out, as it was always unlikely airlines were going to fall over themselves to serve DUB as soon as T2 opened, but eventually it will show its benefits.