PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 6th Jan 2011, 13:47
windytoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Betty, I concede that the use of the word, normal, might have been slightly incorrect. Maybe I should have used the words, not unusual. I really wish your 15 hour max duty period was correct though! Try this, perfectly legal from CAA's point of view,
6 hours of "free" standby at home followed by SSH and back to different base and then 5 hour coach ride. Total duty (not FTL) of 25 hours!! However to be fair, that would be exceptional, thank god. But also to be honest, it takes place on a regular basis without the preceeding standby, so only 19 hours then!
Barbox only applicable to the middle 13 hours of course!
Many years ago our agreements were much closer to yours, but unfortunately times have changed and to stay in business we have had to change too.
I would say the difference between MF and our company is that MF get 2K more plus a more "permanentish" contract. I suspect that like us however, when the economy improves in the UK, BA will struggle to keep hold of the good ones unless they improve the Ts and Cs.