PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beat me master CASA Beat me.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2011, 09:55
FO Usedalot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat me master CASA Beat me.

Over 20 years of flying in 4 different countries and Iv never seen anything like CASA. How any of you learn to fly here is beyond me. You must be very brillient and have more money than Fort Knox. Publications are a mess with a pile of books requiring a carry on to the Exams when other countries can get there regulations in 2" paperback, ("WITH AN INDEX CASA ")

So lets look at this again. After 6 months here attempting the conversion iv spent over $20K just staying alive and keeping a roof over my head to take these exams. Each time you fail its a month before they let you take it again.
My hats off to anyone in this country who learns to fly here, either your all brilliant or just dam lucky to get through this. I know there are those who come here and get through it in just a couple of weeks, my question is how?. It took me the first month before I understood just how to find anything in the CAO (" THERE IS NO INDEX CASA"). How can you publish a book without an index. Then they expect you to be able to find the answers with no tags ??. I spoke to one other guy at my last attempt at this exam and he said he had tried it 9 times before he passed . Others I spoke to said you can't fight it, just do it , CASA does not care how many attempts you make at there screwy exams, its all money to them and a pass is a pass. Even designated examiners have told me the same thing , "Flying is the easy part, understanding the exams is another story" I found this amazing but Im starting to believe its true when I see pilots laugh as they fail and then come back for more ( Beat me master CASA, Beat me ). He said CASA will just wipe you till you bleed money, and now I know how to pass the exams. "Rob a bank, shut up and push the key that says A,B,C or D. All of the above. and pray....